If you need new windows and are on a budget, vinyl will likely be your best friend. They are a cost-effective alternative to aluminum, wood and fiberglass models, but don’t think for a second that the price has anything to with the quality. The term “budget-friendly” often causes people to be a little on edge, as if the cost of a commodity determines its worth. While this may be true in some respects, it certainly is not with respect to vinyl windows. The benefits you can expect to receive when replacing your existing units with these are too many to list, but we will do our best to mention the most important ones. Let’s start with the basics then. What do most homeowners look for when buying new windows? If you are thinking energy-efficiency, then give yourself a pat on the back! Everyone wants to save money, and a good set of energy-efficient windows is a great way to do just that.
The long-term cost-savings that can occur by swapping out old, drafty windows definitely make vinyl a solid option. Thus, you get the best of both worlds; a low initial price and an excellent return on your investment for years to come. Isn’t it great when things like this work in our favor? If you are still unsure of whether vinyl is the best option or are simply unconvinced about their ability to compete with the other materials available on the market, here is a list that may (hopefully) change your mind. There is no reason why you should be burning a hole in your wallet if you don’t have to, particularly if your failure to select the right option is due to ignorance. Be informed and save money. This is couldn’t be more important than for someone who is planning on performing a full renovation. It is not uncommon for replacement windows to cost a few thousand dollars. Vinyl is just as good as wood and fiberglass (and much cheaper).
Why go Vinyl?
- Highly energy-efficient; the insulation value of vinyl window is remarkably high due to the polyvinyl chloride material they are made out of. Also known as PVC, its R-value (the ability to prevent air from passing through) is unmatched.
- Easy to install; their simple design allows even the most unskilled person to put up vinyl windows.
- They come in a wide variety of colors and finishes; you can get choose a set that is fully customized to meet your personal taste.
- Durable, maintenance-free and long lasting; this is the ultimate trio that every homeowner looks for. Vinyl windows are basically the “set and forget” types. Scratch, stain and UV ray-resistant, what else can you ask for?
- Quiet; one major benefit to higher having windows with higher R-values is the amount of noise reduction they offer.